Proof that employee is primarily responsible for:
- Directing management or managing an organization, department, subdivision, or component of the company, or
- Employee has supervisory responsibilities over professional or managerial employees or manages an essential function within the organization.
- Prior employment by foreign affiliate must have been either in an executive, managerial, or specialized knowledge capacity.
- NOT for low-level managers
Up to seven (7) years or as long as company maintains multinational status
L1B Visa – for qualified specialized knowledge employees
- Proof that employee has specialized knowledge of the company’s products, services, research, techniques, management, or other interest, and its application in international markets
- Time Period – Up to five (5) years or as long as company maintains multinational status.
Up to five (5) years or as long as company maintains multinational status.
L-1 Blanket – single petition for certain large, multinational companies, eliminating the need to file a separate L-1 petitions for each employee.
- Petitioning U.S. Company
- U.S. office and doing business in U.S. for at least one (1) year
- Must have three (3) or more domestic or foreign branches, subsidiaries, or affiliates and be engaged in commercial trade or services
- U.S. annual sales of at least $25 million, U.S. workforce of at least 1,000 employees, or approval of at least ten (10) individual L petitions in the previous twelve (12) months
- Employee / Beneficiary
- Must meet L-1 requirements