This website may be considered attorney advertising in certain U.S. States. Prior results do not guarantee the same or similar outcomes. Per Committee on Attorney Advertising Ethics Opinion 42, this advertising is not approved nor disapproved in any state, including but not limited to, the New Jersey Supreme Court, the New York Court of Appeals, or an Appellate Division located within New York State.
Please be advised that [t]he hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experiences.
No aspect of this communication has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Effective Date: March 1, 2019
Welcome to the Shankar Ninan & Co., LLP (hereinafter “ShankarNinan,” “we” or “us”), website at http://www.ShankarNinan.com (including all content under the “ShankarNinan.com” domain name, and referred to herein as the “Website”). We provide the Website and the associated services, e-mails to the Firm, data, information, tools, software, updates and materials (altogether, the “Materials”), subject to your agreement to and compliance with the terms and conditions set forth in this document (the “Agreement”). Please carefully read this Agreement which governs your access to and use of the Website, communications with the Firm, and Materials and applies to all users of the Website. If you do not agree with and consent to the terms of this Agreement, please do not use the Website or the Materials.
The following additional terms are incorporated into this Agreement:
- Copyright Policy
- Complaint Policy
- Accessibility Statement
- Important Notices
- As long as you are in compliance with all the terms and conditions of this Agreement (and all incorporated documents), we hereby grant to you during the Term (as defined below) a limited, revocable, nonassignable, nontransferable, nonsublicensable, nonexclusive license to use the Website and to access and receive the Materials thereon that are intended for public display or access. Any rights not explicitly granted in this Agreement are strictly withheld and reserved by us.
- You agree that (i) except in your normal use of the Website, you will not copy or distribute any part of the Website or Materials in any medium without our prior written authorization; (ii) you will not alter or modify any part of the Website or Materials other than as necessary to use the Website or Materials for their intended purposes; and (iii) you will otherwise comply with this Agreement.
- You agree that you will not do any of the following:
- violate any applicable law or regulation in connection with your use of the Website or Materials.
- modify, adapt, translate, copy, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Website or Materials.
- interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Website or Materials, including facilitating the use of the Website or Materials by any other person through hacking or defacing.
- transmit to or make available in connection with the Website or Materials any denial of service attack, virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other harmful code or activity.
- attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Website or Materials or to breach our security or authentication measures.
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure, as determined in our sole discretion.
- harvest or collect the e-mail addresses or other contact information of other users of the Website or Materials.
- scrape or collect any content from the Website or Materials via automated means.
- submit false, incomplete or misleading information to the Website or Materials, or otherwise provide incomplete or misleading information to us.
- impersonate any other person or business.
- You agree that you will not do any of the following:
- You agree that we have not granted you any license to access any portion of the Website or Materials that we have not made public or accessible to registered users, and you may not attempt to override any security measures in place on the Website or Materials.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing rules of conduct, our unlimited right to terminate your access to the Website or Materials shall not be limited to violations of this Restrictions section.
- Some parts or all of the Website or Materials may not be available to the general public, and we may impose eligibility rules from time to time. We reserve the right to amend these eligibility requirements at any time. You are not eligible to use the Website or Materials if doing so would violate any applicable law or regulation.
- The Website and the Materials are not intended for use by children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use the Website without the consent of your parent or guardian. Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230(d), as amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available to assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. More information on the availability of such software can be found through publicly available sources. You may wish to contact your Internet service provider for more information.
- Information Shared Through the Website and Marketing Choices
You understand that by sharing information on the Website or Materials and requesting information to be sent through the Materials, you may be revealing information about yourself or your business that you may include or that may be generated by the Materials. You understand and acknowledge that you are fully aware and responsible for the impact of sharing such information, and you agree that we are not responsible or liable in any way in connection with such sharing.
For the avoidance of doubt, we collect your e-mail addresses based on forms completed on this Website or via e-mail communications with anyone at the Shankar Ninan, which may be used to send an e-mail newsletter. To this end, the Firm may send you direct marketing messages including by way of email alerts, newsletters and post provided that we have a lawful ground to do so. If you no longer wish to receive our email alerts, to be part of a mailing list, or to receive any marketing communications, you can opt-out of such communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the relevant communication or contacting us at email@example.com.
- Links to Third-Party Websites and Social Media Notices
Social Media Legal Notices
The LinkedIn profile of any Shankar Ninan attorney has been prepared to enable you to learn more about that attorney. It is for informational and educational purposes and nothing in it is offered as or constitutes legal advice. The information contained in such a LinkedIn profile does not and is not intended to constitute legal advice. Such information does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it substitute for obtaining legal advice from an attorney licensed in your state or country.
While we welcome inquiries from prospective clients and others who have not previously been represented by Shankar Ninan or any of its attorneys, our paramount duties as lawyers and a law firm are to existing clients. Non-clients contacting any of us by email or otherwise through, or as a result of, LinkedIn should refrain from disclosing information that they would consider sensitive or confidential, until and unless an attorney-client relationship has been established or we have specifically consented in advance to receive the information.We do not seek to represent anyone desiring representation based solely upon viewing a LinkedIn profile in any state or country where the LinkedIn profile would be considered not to comply with all applicable laws and ethical rules.
The LinkedIn profile of any Shankar Ninan attorney is not in any way intended to be solicitation for legal services.
The LinkedIn profile of any Shankar Ninan attorney may contain links to information and other matters on websites not maintained by that attorney or by Shankar Ninan. Neither any of such attorneys nor Shankar Ninan is responsible for the content of these other websites.
- Our Intellectual Property
- Our graphics, logos, names, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names are our trademarks, trade names or trade dress. The “look and feel” of the Website and Materials (including color combinations, button shapes, layout, design and all other graphical elements) are protected by U.S. copyright and trademark laws. All product names, service names, trademarks and service marks (“Marks”) are either our property or the property of their respective owners, as indicated. You may not use the Marks for any purpose whatsoever other than as permitted by this Agreement.
- You acknowledge that (i) the software used to provide the Materials and all enhancements, updates, upgrades, corrections and modifications to such software (the “Software”); (ii) all copyrights, patents, trade secrets, or trademarks or other intellectual property rights protecting or pertaining to any aspect of the Software (or any enhancements, corrections or modifications); and (iii) all documentation thereof are the sole and exclusive property of us and/or our licensors. This Agreement does not convey title or ownership to you, but instead gives you only the limited use rights set forth herein.
- To the extent that you gain access to or receive any copies of the Software, you agree that you will delete such copies of the Software upon any termination of this Agreement, termination of your use of the Materials, or at our request.
- Terms and Conditions
- The “Term” of this Agreement will continue until the Agreement is terminated as provided herein. We reserve the right to terminate this Agreement or deny all or some portion of the Website or Materials to any user, in our sole discretion, at any time.
- You may terminate this Agreement at any time by ceasing use of the Website or Materials.
- Disclaimers and Limitation on Liability
- The materials appearing on the Website or Materials, including but not limited to summaries, descriptions, publications and any other such materials, are not intended to and DO NOT constitute legal, financial, investment, business or professional advice of any kind. Those accessing the Materials should not act upon them without first seeking relevant professional guidance and advice. The Materials should not be used as a substitute for consultation with a professional adviser. You agree that we are not responsible for any financial, business or legal decisions that you may make based upon the content of the Website and Materials.
- Neither the use of the Website nor the transfer of information to or from this Website shall create or constitute an attorney-client relationship between the firm of Shankar Ninan & Co., LLP, and any person. Although we would like to hear from you, we cannot represent you until we know that doing so will not create a conflict of interest. Also, we cannot treat unsolicited information as confidential. You should not send any confidential information to this Website or to any person in the firm until after you and we have entered into a written agreement for the performance of legal services. If you communicate with us by e-mail, please remember that Internet e-mail is NOT secure from external eavesdropping. Accordingly, you should avoid sending confidential information by Internet e-mail unless your message and attachments are adequately encrypted. Please contact our Gigio K. Ninan, Esq. if you would like to discuss available e-mail security options.
- In compiling and maintaining this Website, Shankar Ninan does not intend to practice law or solicit legal representation in any jurisdiction where this Website may fail to comply with all laws and ethical rules. Shankar Ninan maintains two offices in various jurisdictions. Please consult the attorney biographies in this Website to determine the particular jurisdictions in which individual attorneys are resident and licensed to practice. To the extent the ethical rules in any jurisdiction require us to designate a principal office or a single attorney responsible for this Website, the firm designates its office in New York, New York, as its principal office and Gigio K. Ninan at firstname.lastname@example.org as the attorney.
- Although we have the right to review, edit, remove or modify information from or on the Website or Materials, we may not screen this material or control the sources of this information, and we do not guarantee the accuracy, suitability, completeness, currency, quality, adequacy or applicability of any such information. Opinions presented by the Website are the opinions of the individual authors, and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the firm of Shankar Ninan & Co., LLP, or of any of its attorneys or clients.
- We do not represent or warrant that access to the Materials will be error-free or uninterrupted, and we do not guarantee that users will be able to access or use the Materials or their features at all times. We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue (temporarily or permanently) the Materials or any part thereof with or without notice.
- The Website or Materials may contain typographical errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. We reserve the right to correct any such errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice.
- The Materials may be used to perform data analysis and other analytics; however, we do not guarantee the results of any such use.
- Certain data displayed by the Materials relies on the receipt of underlying data from third-party sources. Such data sources may not be in real time or accurate, and there may be delays or inaccuracies in such displayed data.
- Circular 230 Disclosure: Pursuant to U.S. Treasury Department Regulations, we are required to advise you that unless otherwise expressly indicated, any federal tax advice contained in the Website or Materials, including attachments and enclosures, is not intended or written to be used and may not be used for the purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any tax-related matters addressed herein.
- By using the website and/or materials, you agree and acknowledge that we provide the Website and Materials “as is” and without any warranties, express, implied or statutory. We and our officers, directors, partners, managers, employees and suppliers specifically disclaim any implied warranties of title, accuracy, suitability, applicability, merchantability, performance, fitness for a particular purpose, noninfringement or any other warranties of any kind. No advice or information (oral or written) obtained by you from us shall create any warranty.
- Use of the Website and/or Materials is at your sole risk. We do not warrant that you will be able to access or use the Website and/or Materials at the times or locations of your choosing; that the Materials will be uninterrupted or error-free; that defects will be corrected; or that the Materials are free of inaccuracies, misrepresentations by users, viruses or other harmful components.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law and except as otherwise prohibited by law, in no event shall we or our officers, directors, partners, managers, employees, affiliates, licensors or business partners (collectively, the “Related Parties”) be liable to you based on or related to the materials, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and they shall not be responsible for any losses or damages, including without limitation direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, exemplary or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with access to or use of the Website or Materials, even if we or Related Parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages. This provision applies only to damages arising from use of the Website and Materials and does not apply to personal injury or any injury caused by alleged fraud.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that a court shall find that any of the above disclaimers are not enforceable, then you agree that neither we nor any of our Related Parties shall be liable for any damages in excess of $100.00 to you or any third party from your use of the Website or Materials. This limitation shall apply regardless of the basis of your claim or whether or not any remedies provided fail of their essential purpose.
- Some states may not permit certain disclaimers and limitations, and any such disclaimers or limitations are void where prohibited.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless us and our officers, directors, partners, managers, employees, licensors, business partners and agents from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to reasonable attorney’s fees) arising from (i) your use of and access to the Website or Materials; (ii) your violation of any term of this Agreement; (iii) your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any copyright, property or privacy right; or (iv) any conduct, activity or action that is unlawful or illegal under any state, federal or common law or is violative of the rights of any individual or entity engaged in, caused by or facilitated in any way through the use of the Website or Materials. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement or your use of the Website and/or Materials.
- Disputes, Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- You agree that any claim or dispute arising out of or relating in any way to your use of the Website, Materials or any service provided by us will be resolved solely and exclusively by binding arbitration rather than in court, except that you may assert claims in small-claims court if your claims qualify. The Federal Arbitration Act and federal arbitration law apply to this Agreement.
- There is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is limited. An arbitrator, however, may award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court (including injunctive and declaratory relief or statutory damages) and must follow the terms of this Agreement as a court would.
- To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to our address specified in the Notice section below.
- Arbitration under this Agreement will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its rules then in effect. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA’s rules.
ARBITRATION CLAUSE AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER – IMPORTANT – PLEASE REVIEW AS THIS AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
ARBITRATION. YOU AGREE THAT ALL DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND US (WHETHER OR NOT SUCH DISPUTE INVOLVES A THIRD PARTY) WITH REGARD TO YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH US, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DISPUTES RELATED TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, AND/OR RIGHTS OF PRIVACY AND/OR PUBLICITY, WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION UNDER THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION’S RULES FOR ARBITRATION OF CONSUMER-RELATED DISPUTES, AND YOU AND WE HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE TRIAL BY JURY. DISCOVERY AND RIGHTS TO APPEAL IN ARBITRATION ARE GENERALLY MORE LIMITED THAN IN A LAWSUIT, AND OTHER RIGHTS THAT YOU AND WE WOULD HAVE IN COURT MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ARBITRATION. This dispute resolution provision will be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act and not by any state law concerning arbitration. In the event the American Arbitration Association is unwilling or unable to set a hearing date within one hundred and sixty (160) days of filing the case, then either we or you can elect to have the arbitration administered instead by the Judicial
Arbitration and Mediation Services. Judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having competent jurisdiction. Any provision of applicable law notwithstanding, the arbitrator will not have authority to award damages, remedies, or awards that conflict with these Terms of Service.
NO CLASS ACTION. NEITHER YOU NOR WE WILL PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION FOR ANY CLAIMS COVERED BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE. YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS MEMBER ON ANY CLASS CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST US INCLUDING ANY RIGHT TO CLASS ARBITRATION OR ANY CONSOLIDATION OF INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATIONS. You also agree not to participate in claims brought in a private attorney general or representative capacity, or consolidated claims involving another person’s account, if we are a party to the proceeding.
Severability and Survival. If the prohibition against class actions and other claims brought on behalf of third parties contained above is found to be unenforceable, then all of the preceding language in this Arbitration section will be null and void. This arbitration agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with us.
- You agree that any dispute resolution proceedings will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, we both agree that we have each waived any right to a jury trial.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, you agree that we may bring suit in court to enjoin infringement or other misuse of intellectual property or other proprietary rights.
- Any dispute or alleged claim you may have with respect to your access or use of the Website or Materials must be commenced within one year after the occurrence of the events leading to the dispute or alleged claim.
- The laws of the State of New York shall govern this Agreement. Any arbitration shall be held in New York, New York (the “Dispute Resolution Location”). To the extent arbitration does not apply, you agree that any dispute arising out of or relating to the Website, Materials or us may be brought by you only in a state or federal court located in the Dispute Resolution Location. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY OBJECTION TO THIS VENUE AS INCONVENIENT OR INAPPROPRIATE AND AGREE TO EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THE DISPUTE RESOLUTION LOCATION.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is found for any reason to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, then that provision will be given its maximum enforceable effect, or shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provision.
- Revisions. This Agreement may be revised only in a writing signed by us or posted by us to the Website or Materials. In the event we update this Agreement and you are made aware of the update, your continued use of the Website or Materials after the update shall constitute an agreement to the updated terms.
- No Partnership. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and us as a result of this Agreement or your use of the Website or Materials.
- Assignment. We may assign our rights under this Agreement, in whole or in part, to any person or entity at any time with or without your consent. You may not assign any rights or obligations under this Agreement without our prior written consent. Any unauthorized assignment shall be null and void.
- No Waiver. Our failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall in no way be construed to be a present or future waiver of such provision nor in any way affect the right of any party to enforce each and every such provision thereafter. The express waiver by us of any provision, condition or requirement of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of any future obligation to comply with such provision, condition or requirement.
- Equitable Remedies. You hereby agree that we would be irreparably damaged if the terms of this Agreement were not specifically enforced, and therefore you agree that we shall be entitled, without bond, other security, or proof of irreparable harm or other damages, to appropriate equitable remedies with respect to breaches of this Agreement in addition to such other remedies as we may otherwise have available to us under applicable laws.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement, including the documents expressly incorporated by reference, constitutes the entire agreement between you and us with respect to the Website and Materials and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications, whether electronic, oral or written.
- Notices. All notices given by you or required under this Agreement shall be in writing and addressed to Shankar Ninan & Co., LLP, 875 6th Avenue, Suite 1810, New York, New York 10001; Attn: email@example.com, 732.947.4306.
- Survival. Any provision of this Agreement that may reasonably be interpreted as being intended by the parties to survive termination or expiration of the Agreement, shall survive any such termination or expiration.
WEB ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES COMPLIANCE
Shankar Ninan & Co. is deeply committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability.
This website endeavors to comply with best practices and standards as defined by Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act and level AA of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities. Conformance with these guidelines will help make the web more user-friendly for all people.
If you would like additional assistance or have accessibility concerns, please contact us by phone by dialing 732.947.4306.
This site includes the following accessibility features:
- Increased graphic contrasts
- For menus added a whiter background to make everything easier to read
- We got rid of all shading effects
- For CTA Buttons — we added whiter background
- For Slide Shows – we added graphic elements (arrows or other) to show in a clearer way what action is doable
- Many links have title attributes which describe the link in greater detail, unless the text of the link already fully describes the target.
- Links are written to make sense out of context.
- URLs are permanent whenever possible.
- All form controls are appropriately and explicitly labeled.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.
- Any information conveyed through the use of color is also available without color (i.e. text based).
- W3C accessibility guidelines, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
- U.S. Federal Government Section 508 accessibility guidelines.
- JAWS, a screen reader for Windows. A time-limited, downloadable demo is available.
- Lynx, a free text-only web browser for blind users with refreshable Braille displays.
- Links, a free text-only web browser for visual users with low bandwidth.
- Opera, a visual browser with many accessibility-related features, including text zooming, user stylesheets, image toggle. A free downloadable version is available. Compatible with Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and several other operating systems.
- Who Collects Your Information on Our Website?
We do. Under the GDPR, we are known as the “Controller” of the Personal Data that you provide to us. We collect information from you on the Website, and we are responsible for protection of your information.
- What Information Do We Collect?
A. Requested Information. We may request specific PII (e.g., on our ‘Contact Us’ page) about you in order to fulfill your requests for information. We collect only basic personal data about you that does not include any special types of information (e.g., health-related) as defined in the GDPR. The types of personal information we collect and save include:
- Contact information such as name, e-mail address, physical address, phone number, title and company name.
- Information that you provide via forms or e-mail concerning our services, or other information such as feedback, comments or other messages.
- Technical information collected in our logs (to include standard web-log entries such as your IP address, page URLs and time stamp).
- Device information such as mobile phone provider associated with the device you are using to access the Website, your device’s unique identifier, the type of device and its operating system, the pages or features accessed most frequently, messages placed through the Website, how pages or features of the Website are used, search terms entered, and similar analytics about use of the Website.
B. Aggregate Information. We may also collect anonymous, nonidentifying and aggregate information such as the type of browser you are using, device type, the operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
- Why Is Your Information Being Collected?
We need to collect your personal information so we can respond to your requests for information or to add you to our e-mailing lists. We also collect aggregate information to help us better design the Website. We collect log information for monitoring purposes to help us diagnose problems with our servers, administer the Website, calculate usage levels, and otherwise provide services to you.
- How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We use the personal information you provide for the purposes for which you have submitted it, including:
- Responding To Your Inquiries and Fulfilling Your Requests. We may use your PII to respond to your inquiries and to fulfill your requests for information.
- Communicating With You About Our Services. We may use your PII to send you information about new services and other items that may be of interest to you.
We may use anonymous information that we collect to improve the design and content of our Website and to enable us to personalize your Internet experience. We also may use this information in the aggregate to analyze how our Website is used, analyze industry trends and offer you programs or services
- Do We Share Your Personal Information?
In general, we will not share your personal information except (a) for the purposes for which you provided it; (b) with your consent; (c) as may be required by law (e.g., in response to a court order or subpoena or in response to a law enforcement agency request); (d) as we think necessary to protect our organization or others from injury (e.g., when we believe that someone is causing or is about to cause injury to or interference with the rights or property of another); or (e) on a confidential basis with persons or organizations with whom we contract to carry out internal operations or as necessary to render the Website. With your knowledge and consent, we may share your personal information with our business partners. We may also share aggregate information with others, including affiliated and nonaffiliated organizations. Finally, we may transfer your personal information to our successor-in-interest in the event of an acquisition, sale, merger or bankruptcy.
- Are There Other Ways Your Personal Data Could Be Shared?
You may elect to share certain personal information with individuals or with the public via your use of the Website. In this case, you will control such sharing. For example, the Website may make it possible for you to publicly share information via social media such as Facebook or Twitter. Be aware that when you choose to share information with friends, public officials or with the public at large, you may be disclosing sensitive information or information from which sensitive information can be inferred or determined. Always use caution when sharing information through the Website. You understand and agree that we are not responsible for any consequences of your sharing of information through and beyond the Website.
- How Can You Access and Control Your Information?
For instructions on how you can access your personal information that we have collected or how to correct errors in such information, please send an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly stop using your information and remove it from our servers and database at any time upon your e-mail request. To protect your privacy and security, we may take reasonable steps to help verify your identity before granting access, making corrections or removing your information.
- How Do We Store and Protect Your Information?
- After receiving your personal information, we will store it on our Website systems for future use. We have physical, electronic and managerial procedures in place to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security and correctly use the information we collect. Unfortunately, no data transmission or data storage solution can ever be completely secure. As a result, although we take industry-standard steps to protect your information (e.g., strong encryption), we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or receive from us or that we store on our or our service providers’ systems.
- If you are visiting the Website from outside the United States, you understand that your connection will be through and to servers located in the United States and the information you provide will be securely stored in our web servers and internal systems located within the United States.
- We store personal information for as long as reasonably required for its purpose. We may store information longer for legitimate business reasons (e.g., personal information may remain in backups for a reasonable period of time) or as legally required. Otherwise, we store your personal information until you request us to remove it from our servers. We store our logs and other technical records indefinitely.
- To enhance your online experience with us, our web pages may presently or in the future use “cookies.” Cookies are text files that our web server may place on your hard disk to store your preferences. We may use session, persistent, first-party and third-party cookies. Cookies by themselves do not tell us your e-mail address or other PII unless you choose to provide this information to us. Once you choose to provide PII, however, this information may be linked to the data stored in a cookie. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, providing you with as much control as you wish as to the decision to accept/reject the cookie and delete the cookie upon leaving our Website. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the features of our Website.
- We or our service providers may also use “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs,” “embedded links” and other commonly used information-gathering tools in connection with some Website pages and HTML-formatted e-mail messages. We may use these tools for such purposes as compiling aggregate statistics about Website usage and response rates. A pixel tag is an electronic image (often a single pixel) that is ordinarily not visible to website visitors and may be associated with cookies on visitors’ hard drives. Pixel tags allow service providers to count users who have visited certain pages of the Website, to deliver customized services and to help determine the effectiveness of our Website. When used in HTML-formatted e-mail messages, pixel tags can inform the sender of an e-mail whether and when the e-mail has been opened.
- As you use the Internet, you leave a trail of electronic information at each website you visit. This information, which is sometimes referred to as “clickstream data,” can be collected and stored by a website’s server. Clickstream data can reveal the type of computer and browsing software you use and the address of the website from which you linked to the Website. We may use clickstream data as a form of non-PII to determine how much time visitors spend on each page of our Website, how visitors navigate through the Website, and how we may tailor our web pages to better meet the needs of visitors. We will use this information only to improve our Website.
- At this time, the Website and Services do not specifically respond to do-not-track signals.
- Collection of Information by Others
We provide links to certain third party websites that you may click on from our Website. Please check the privacy policies of these other websites to learn how they collect, use, store and share information that you may submit to them or that they collect.
- Children and Young People’s Information
We do not knowingly collect any information from any minors, and we comply with all applicable privacy laws, including the GDPR, Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and associated Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”) rules for collecting personal information from minors. Please see the FTC’s website (www.ftc.gov) for more information. Our Website will not knowingly accept personal information from anyone under 13 years old in violation of applicable laws without the consent of a parent or guardian. In the event that we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided PII to us without parental consent, we will make efforts to delete the child’s information in accordance with COPPA. If you have concerns about our Website, wish to find out whether your child has accessed our services or wish to remove your child’s personal information from our servers, please contact us at email@example.com
- California Privacy Rights
California law allows California residents to request information regarding our disclosures, if any, during the prior calendar year of their PII to third parties. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include enough detail – at a minimum, your name and e-mail address, if any, for us to locate your file. We will attempt to provide you with the requested information within 30 days of receipt. We reserve our right not to respond to requests sent more than once in a calendar year or to requests submitted to an address other than the one posted in this notice. Please note that this law does not cover all information sharing. Our disclosure only includes information covered by the law.
- Changes to this Policy
- Our Contact Information
If you believe in good faith that any content posted on the Website or accessed via the Materials infringe any copyright in any work of yours, you agree to contact our Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Copyright Agent as identified below – hereby designated under the DMCA (17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3)) – with correspondence containing the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner, or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
- Identification, with information reasonably sufficient to allow its location, of the material that is claimed to be infringing.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you.
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the information in the notification is accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- You agree that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this policy, your DMCA notice may not be valid. For any questions regarding this procedure, or to submit a complaint, please contact our designated DMCA Copyright Agent:
Shankar Ninan & Co., LLP
875 6th Avenue, Suite 1810
New York, NY 10001
Gigio K. Ninan, Esq.
Complaint Policy for Infringement of Other Rights
If you believe in good faith that any Materials posted on or accessed via the Website infringe any of your rights (including any trademark or privacy rights but not including rights in copyright as addressed in the Copyright Policy above) or are otherwise unlawful, you agree to send a notice to email@example.com containing the following information:
- Your name, physical address, e-mail address and phone number.
- A description of the Materials posted on the Website that you believe violate your rights or are otherwise unlawful and which parts of said Materials you believe should be remedied or removed.
- Identification of the location of the Materials on the Website.
If you believe that the Materials violate your rights, a statement as to the basis of the rights that you claim are violated.
- If you believe that the Materials are unlawful or violate the rights of others, a statement as to the basis of this belief.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good-faith belief that use of the Materials in the manner complained of is not authorized and that the information you are providing is accurate to the best of your knowledge and is provided in good faith.
- Your physical or electronic signature.
If we receive a message from you that complies with all of the above requirements, we will evaluate the submission, and if appropriate, in our sole discretion, we will take action. We may disclose your submission to any entity that posted the claimed violative Materials or any other entity as we deem appropriate.
Copyright © Shankar Ninan & Co., LLP. All rights reserved. The Website is protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws. This includes the content, appearance, and design of the Website, as well as the trademarks, product names, graphics, logos, service names, slogans, colors and designs.
Awards Methodology and Disclaimer
To the extent attorney profiles list or identify certain awards or recognition by certain organizations such as Best Lawyers in America, Martindale Hubbell, Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, or others, the New Jersey Supreme Court Rules of Professional Conduct (RPC) and, specifically, RPC 7.1, require the following disclaimer which shall be read in conjunction with the placement on the website:
“No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.”
Further, the standard or methodology upon which such honors and accolades are based is available by accessing the following links:
Consultation Fees and the Limitation of the “Free Proposal”
Please be advised that the firm does not provide free consultations whatsoever. Consultations with an immigration attorney will be at a rate to be determined, but shall be credited to your case in the event you move forward with Shankar Ninan & Co. LLP’s matter.
The “Free Proposal” link on Gigio K. Ninan’s profile is limited to obtaining a free proposal, provided that the information provided via the website is sufficient to make such a determination. The firm and Gigio K. Ninan, solely determine whether sufficient information is adequate. In the event that a consultation is necessary then the normal consultation fee will apply to each case. For the avoidance of all doubt, no free proposals will be provided in any way, shape or form for immigration related work.