PERM (Program Electronic Management Review System) Labor – first stage in most employment-based, permanent residency cases.
- PERM labor certification must be filed with the U.S. Department of Labor (“DOL”).
- Position must be offered at or above the DOL prevailing wage.
- Local labor market must first be tested for availability of qualified and willing U.S. workers
- Employer’s attestation to compliance with recruitment and other requirements.
- Employers must create and maintain an audit file (which DOL may audit to verify compliance) with evidence of recruitment and other supporting documents.
Up to seven (7) years or as long as company maintains multinational status