K-1 – temporary 90-day visa for fiancé(e) of U.S. citizen for the purpose of marrying in the U.S.
Temporary Options for Immediate Relatives:
- U.S. citizen must file I-129F petition.
- Foreign national fiance’(e) must apply for a visa at a U.S. consulate.
- Bona fide intention and legal eligibility to marry
- Proof that the parties have met in person within two (2) years of filing the petition
- Minor children can accompany in K-2 status
K-3 – temporary two (2) year visa for spouses of U.S. citizens for the purpose of obtaining permanent residence via the spousal relationship.
- U.S. citizen must first file I-130 petition and then a I-129F petition
- Foreign national spouse must apply for visa at a U.S. consulate in country of marriage
- Bona fide marriage
- Minor children can accompany in K-4 status